Navigating how to behave appropriately at work isn’t always easy. What jokes are okay – or not okay? What if you say the wrong thing to someone? How do you ask a personal question without offending someone? This high-impact course will boost your employees’ behavioural competency, and help you to establish a more respectful and relaxed work environment.
Participants will have the opportunity to “test” their strategies for dealing with issues that arise in diverse workplaces and showcase their ability to be culturally competent, respectful, and dexterous at work.
- Recognize the elements of a respectful workplace;
- Evaluate and initiate available options for resolution; and
- Exercise responsibilities to maintain respectful behaviour in the workplace.
Course Topics Include:
- Understanding how workplace policies can create a more civil work environment
- Identifying and distinguishing between discriminatory, harassing, and disrespectful workplace conduct
- Introduction to the “Behaviour Spectrum” – a decision-making tool to assist employees in navigating workplace behaviour choices
- Discussion of benefits of both informal and formal methods for resolving workplace issues
This is the core Respect at Work workshop, designed to educate employees on the basics. We recommend that you start with this workshop and then take the advanced modules. You can visit our Respectful Workplace Training overview page in order to contact us for more information on how to customize this module to fit the needs of your organization.