Join Our Team
Legal Talent Management Specialist – Part-time Role
Rubin Thomlinson LLP (RT) is the preeminent Canadian law firm specializing in workplace investigations and assessments. RT’s expertise in investigations, workplace harassment, and a wide range of misconduct is diverse, national in scope, and decades deep.
RT is currently recruiting for an experienced HR/PR professional (on a part-time basis) to provide strategic and organizational leadership to enhance the experience and development of its legal talent. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Talent Management Specialist will report to the Firm’s partners and provide direct support to the partner responsible for People and Practice.
Scope of Role
- Optimize the organizational design and effectiveness of RT by collaborating and providing recommendations to the partners on the vision and strategy to build impactful and long-lasting people initiatives that create an exceptional and inclusive talent experience.
- Act as an internal consultant and resource to the partners, investigators, and administrative staff, and will be responsive to the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Work closely with and collaborate with the People and Practice Partner, particularly with respect to recruitment and integration of new talent, monitoring of productivity, and the staffing and allocation of work.
- Provide ongoing proactive and advisory services in relation to the recruitment, onboarding, and integration of new talent, and the overall management, engagement development, and retention of its professional talent.
- Become a trusted support and advisor to investigators by identifying new initiatives and team building events that will improve the development and retention of investigators
- Exercise change management project planning skills, including the ability to motivate and empower individuals and teams during periods of change.
- Successfully execute on priorities within budgets and deadlines.
Required Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 7 years of people management experience, preferably in a law firm setting.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario legal marketplace and trends in legal recruitment and professional development.
- CHRP/SHRP designation is an asset as is a professional coaching certification.
- A track record for building trust and engagement throughout an organization.
- The ability to work well independently and as a member of a collaborative team with colleagues at all levels.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, a strong work ethic, and the ability to deal with challenging situations.
- Exceptional executive functioning skills, including the ability to organize and multi-task, work with minimal supervision and manage competing priorities, pay attention to detail, exercise discretion, and manage projects to meet budgets and deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Administrative Assistant/Office Administrator
Interested in joining a law firm where the sole focus is on workplace and institutional investigations and assessments, training for HR professionals, and consulting? Well Rubin Thomlinson LLP is the place for you. We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant/Office Administrator to join our team in Toronto.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service and are detail oriented with an administrative background, we are looking for you to join our team to provide effective support for the firm.
The Administrative Assistant/Office Administrator is responsible for all aspects related to supporting the partners and lawyers. Core responsibilities include records management, client liaison, scheduling of interviews, preparation and assembly of reports and other documents, and general office duties.
The incumbent must be highly personable, resourceful, and organized. Ideal candidates possess a post-secondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study and a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence. Essential traits include having a solution-oriented focus, a sense of humour, and team-oriented approach.
- Complete requests for conflict checks
- Open new matters (in PC Law, set up electronic folder, create hard file (as requested), and update file tracking data)
- Close files as directed to maintain accurate list of active matters
- Ensure electronic storage of all client-related files in a shared central repository
- Administer month-end invoicing (review docket reports, submit invoices to lawyers for approval, enter necessary changes, proofread invoices, and update billing data for accounting department)
Client Liaison / Travel Logistics
- Schedule interviews as required (virtually and/or in-person)
- Correspondence with clients as directed
- Arrange for delivery of documents (hard copy and/or electronically), as requested
- Schedule travel and accommodations, as requested
Document Preparation and Assembly
- Draft retainer letters, letters to parties, and memos
- Manage receipt of executed retainer letters and associated retainer file tracking
- Maintain accurate schedule of interviews
- Set up draft reports, entering general information, as requested
- Compile documents in PDF format (including redacting and securing)
- Format, proofread, and assemble reports and other materials, as required
- Prepare transcriptions of interviews, as requested
- Complete requests for official transcripts, as requested
- Create surveys in SurveyMonkey, and pull data, as requested
General Duties and Office Administration
- Complete and submit expense sheets, as requested
- Print and bind documents, as requested
- Manage and purchase office supplies
- Ongoing filing and scanning, as part of file management project
- Maintain team telephone directory
- Mail collection and distribution
- Coordinate with accounting to deposit cheques
- Credit card reconciliation for COO
Knowledge, Qualities, & Experience Required
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience providing administrative support to a team in a legal or corporate setting is ideal
- Detail oriented and resourceful, with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
- Conscious of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Proven team player
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Workplace Investigation & Training Lawyer
We are always on the lookout for talented lawyers to join our dynamic workplace investigations and training team. If you are responsive, eager to learn, adaptable and enjoy a challenging and fast-paced work environment, we encourage you to submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are interested in lawyers who have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in workplace investigation, labour/employment law, human rights or adjudication.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume via email in confidence to email@example.com.We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team of professionals; however, only selected applicants will be contacted. No agencies please.