Join Our Team
Interested in joining a law firm where the sole focus is on workplace and institutional investigations and assessments, training for HR professionals and consulting? Well Rubin Thomlinson LLP is the place for you. We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Toronto.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service and are detail oriented with an administrative background, we are looking for you to join our team to provide effective support for the firm.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all aspects related to supporting the partners and lawyers. Core responsibilities include records management, client liaison, scheduling of interviews, and preparation and assembly of reports and other documents.The incumbent must be highly personable, resourceful and organized. Ideal candidates possess a post secondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study, a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence. Essential traits include having a solution-oriented focus, a sense of humour, and team-oriented approach.
- Assist with the request for conflict checks
- Complete new matter intake form
- Open new matters (in PC Law and hard copy file)
- Regularly close files to maintain accurate list of active matters
- Ensure electronic storage of all client related files in a shared central repository
- e-bill submissions and monitoring
- Tracking of client costs
- Billing support as necessary
Client Liaison / Travel Logistics
- Schedule interviews as required
- Follow up with clients as directed
- Schedule travel and accommodations
Document Preparation and Assembly
- Draft retainer letters
- Manage receipt of retainer letters
- Maintain accurate schedule of interviews
- Document process steps and prepare report shell as requested
- Assemble and proofread reports and other meeting materials as required
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Post Secondary diploma/degree in a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience providing administrative support to a team in a legal or corporate setting is ideal
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable in a multi-tasking environment with an understanding of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Proven team player
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years of legal experience in labour and employment law and/or human rights, experience supervising others, as well as exemplary legal analysis, writing, and editing skills.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume via email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team of professionals; however, only selected applicants will be contacted. No agencies please.