Join Our Team
Interested in joining a law firm with flexible schedules and the ability to work from home? If so, Rubin Thomlinson LLP is the place for you. We are currently looking for a Bookkeeper to join our team in Toronto. Work in the Toronto office will be required, on an as needed basis.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service and detail oriented with an Accounting/Bookkeeping background, we are looking for you to join our team to provide effective accounting support for the firm.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Client Billing and Trust
- Managing all aspects of client billing
- Processing vendor invoices and cheque requests including checking authorization, general ledger, cost and tax coding, ensuring compliance with firm best practices and the Law Society of Ontario
- Reconciliations of vendor statements, bank accounts, payments, tax accounts and general ledger postings
- Processing expense reports for the firm
- Responding to customer service requests by phone or email in a timely and professional manner
- Analyzing and evaluate potential changes to processes and procedures to increase efficiencies
- Assisting with the implementation of approved changes to departmental processes
- Support of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial activities
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role is ideal
- Accounting/Bookkeeping designation is required (CMA, CGA, CPA or Accounting diploma/degree)
- Law firm experience would be an asset
- Law firm accounting software experience (preferably PC Law)
- Knowledge of PayPal, Moneris and Quick Books
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable in a multi-tasking environment with an understanding of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Proven team player
Note: Work in the Toronto office will be required, on an as needed basis.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume via email in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team of professionals; however, only selected applicants will be contacted. No agencies please.