Posted August 21, 2018.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all aspects related to supporting the co-managing partners. Core responsibilities include records management, client liaison, travel logistics, preparation and assembly of reports and other documents.
The incumbent must be highly personable, resourceful and organized. Ideal candidates possess a post secondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study, a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence. Essential traits include having a solution-oriented focus, a sense of humour, and team-oriented approach.
- Assist with the request for conflict checks and prepare audit letters of inquiry. Complete new matter intake form.
- Open new matters (in PC Law and hard copy file).
- Regularly close files to maintain accurate list of active matters.
- Ensure electronic storage of all client related files in a shared central repository.
- E-bill submissions and monitoring.
- Tracking of client costs.
Client Liaison / Travel Logistics
- Schedule interviews as required.
- Follow up with clients as directed.
- Schedule travel and accommodations.
Document Preparation and Assembly
- Draft retainer letters.
- Manage receipt of retainer letters.
- Maintain accurate schedule of interviews.
- Document process steps and prepare report shell as requested.
- Assemble and proofread reports and other meeting materials as required.
- Prepare and revise PowerPoint presentations, booklets.
- Consistent ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Client service oriented and resourceful team player.
- Post Secondary diploma/degree in a related field.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience providing administrative support to a team in a legal or corporate setting.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including advanced Power Point skills.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.