About Veronica Howard
Veronica is an empathetic, detail-oriented investigator and workplace restoration facilitator. She is appreciated by clients for her thoughtful approach and high level of intuition toward the interpersonal strains and stresses that create dysfunctional workplaces. Whether conducting an investigation, conciliation, or workplace restoration, Veronica enjoys helping clients to address seemingly intractable issues, creating the conditions for employees to build a workplace that is respectful, productive, and psychologically safe.
Expertise & Services
At Rubin Thomlinson, Veronica conducts workplace investigations, assessments and reviews — including those related to complaints of harassment, bullying, code of conduct breaches, and other forms of misconduct. She is thorough in her approach and ensures a fair process for every participant.
Trained by the ADR Institute of Ontario, Veronica also conducts workplace restorations, a bespoke process to address toxic work environments, interpersonal conflict, or dysfunctional teams. Each workplace restoration is tailored to the situation at hand, and may involve group facilitation, policy (re)development, conflict coaching for individuals, or restorative conferences. Veronica can also design and facilitate a process to help employees manage their feelings and build resilience after a disruptive event in the workplace: for example, to help employees get back on track after an investigation.
Prior to joining Rubin Thomlinson, Veronica worked as a freelance editor, and as the marketing manager of a UK-based company specializing in connecting graduates with work placements in China. She is conversant in Mandarin and is now learning American Sign Language.
- Year of Call Ontario, 2017
- LL.B., University of London (City)
- M.Sc., London School of Economics and Political Science
- B.A. (Hons), University of Toronto, Trinity College
- Tsinghua University, Beijing (Mandarin studies)
- Member: Law Society of Upper Canada
- CTI-trained (Co-Active Coaching), 2017
- Trained in Advanced Workplace Restoration and Workplace Health Assessments, ADR Institute of Ontario (ADRIO), 2019
- Trained in Integral Facilitation (through Ten Directions), 2019