Please contact us to find out how we can customize a course on Respect in the Workplace to meet the needs of your organization.
Can be customized.
About this course
Navigating difference and diversity isn’t always easy. What jokes are okay – or not okay? What if you use the wrong gender pronoun for someone? How do you ask a question about someone’s religious holiday without offending them? This high-impact course will boost your cultural competency and dexterity, and help you establish a more respectful and relaxed work environment.
Participants will have the opportunity to “test” their strategies at dealing with issues that arise in diverse workplaces and showcase their ability to be culturally competent, respectful and dextrous.
What you'll learn
- Identifying participants’ cultural reference points
- Reviewing contemporary concepts of diversity
- Practicing strategies to enhance cultural dexterity
- Identifying and distinguishing discriminatory, harassing and uncivil workplace conduct
- Understanding how workplace policies can create a more civil work environment
- Practicing strategies to model respect and coach others to model respect