Navigating how to behave appropriately at work isn’t always easy. What jokes are okay – or not okay? What if you say the wrong thing to someone? How do you ask a personal question without offending someone? This high-impact course will boost your employees’ behavioural competency, and help you establish a more respectful and relaxed work environment.
Participants will have the opportunity to “test” their strategies for dealing with issues that arise in diverse workplaces and showcase their ability to be culturally competent, respectful and dexterous at work.
- Recognize the elements of a respectful workplace;
- Evaluate and initiate available options for resolution; and
- Exercise responsibilities to maintain respectful behaviour in the workplace.
Course Topics Include
- Understanding how workplace policies can create a more civil work environment
- Identifying and distinguishing between discriminatory, harassing and disrespectful workplace conduct
- Introduction to the “Behaviour Spectrum” – a decision-making tool to assist employees in navigating workplace behaviour choices
- Discussion of benefits of both informal and formal methods for resolving workplace issues
In conjunction with our main Respect in the Workplace course, we offer three additional modules, Responding to Microaggressions in the Workplace, Interrupting Unconscious Bias at Work, and Bystander Intervention in the Workplace. These modules can be added into the main Respect in the Workplace course, or taken separately. To learn more about each module, please see below.