$700 (before tax)
This is a one-day course, running from 9am - 4pm.
Registrants for this course must have attended Basic Workplace Investigation Techniques before they can attend this session.
About this course
Interviewing witnesses can be the toughest part of an investigation. In this workshop, learn crucial skills: building rapport, formulating the right questions,dealing with difficult witnesses (such as the hostile witness, the gossipy witness and the reluctant witness), handling interruptions from relatives, lawyers, etc, and more.
What you'll learn
- Consideration of interview structure
- Building and maintaining rapport
- Formulating effective questions
- Powerful questions to ask
- Dealing with difficult witnesses (such as the hostile witness, the gossipy witness and the reluctant witness)
- Understanding when witnesses should be identified to the parties
- Handling interview interruptions from union representatives, relatives, lawyers, etc.
This course is part of our Advanced Investigation Techniques Series. To receive the Advanced Investigation Certificate, complete the Basic Workplace Investigation Techniques course and all 3 of the following courses:
plus 1 of the following courses: